Wednesday 9 January 2013

Mac eye brow pencil stud

Review:Mac eye brow pencil in stud



What mac say 

"Self-propelling, self-sharpening, brow defining. Confidently adds what you need: shape, colour, density in one streamlined tool. Like a pen, creates its own just-right point. Provides definition, shape, deepens/fills in color. Creates striking arches. Easy to tote around. No sharpener needed".


How to use

I use the pencil to fill in an gaps or sparse hairs in between my eyebrows and to make both eyebrows the same shape. When I usually use a brow pencil I use small brush strokes to fill in between the hairs. With this pencil I find I have to draw hard to notice a difference other wise the pencil does not make a difference to my eyebrows. When I am using this pencil I have to keep going over the same part a number of times and going back and forth with the pencil.

Price £12.50

Pros

Does not need sharpened.


Good for a natural look or someone who does not have to fill in a lot of gaps in their eyebrows.


Nice color.


Cons

The pencil is quite small

The pencil is not very good if you have to fill in a lot of gaps or have quite sparse eyebrows.As you have to keep going over the same area a number of times to notice a difference in your eyebrows.

When you lean hard on the pencil to get a better result the pencil can then look quite cakey and false.

My views on the pencil

When I first ordered the pencil I was excited to receive it as I have read reviews on it. All the review had been positive. The pencil was a little smaller than other eyebrow pencils I have used in the past. When I used it at first I filled in my eyebrows using small brush stokes as this is the way I always  use an eyebrow pencil to fill in my eyebrows. I did not really see a difference in color and shape using this technique. I started to apply more pressure on the pencil and go over the same area a number of times taking it back and forward over my eyebrows. I noticed a difference in the color and shape by using the pencil this way but my eyebrows looked quite cakey and false looking. I like my eyebrows to be filled in but look natural looking. This product would be good for people who have more full brows and do not need a lot of  filling in or like their eyebrows to be unnatural. The only positive I have about this eyebrow pencil is the color  . The color suited my hair color and did not have red tones through it. Which a lot of brown eyebrow pencils usually have through them and can look gingerly on which does not match my hair color.


Would I buy the pencil again

No I would not buy the pencil again as I find filling in my eyebrows quite time consuming as I need to keep going over the same area a number of times. When I have filled in my eyebrows with the pencil I find my eyebrows can look quite cakey and false looking. This is not a look I like. I like my eyebrows to be filled in properly but also looking natural not like I have used a lot of product on my eyebrows.

Let me know your views on Mac eye brow pencil in stud below.


Thanks for reading


Juliesfalselashes


xx


















No comments:

Post a Comment